Squadron 137 Wins Three Snapshots of Service Awards!
At our 15th Annual Fall Conference held in Orlando November 2-4, 2018, our Public Relations Chairman, Christian M Rapp had the honor to present three Snapshots of Service Awards to JIm Steele and Walter Rasco of Squadron 137 Jacksonville.
The winning pictures (shown below) were of Squadron 137’s Bugler, Jim Steele. The three awards were as follows:
1st Place: VA & R | 2nd Place: Americanism | 2nd Place: VA&R
This is the first time that the Detachment of Florida has won this award
Jim Steele was also featured on legiontown.org.
Read more here: http://www.legiontown.org/sonsmembership/5233/jacksonville-fla-squadron-137-taps-bugler
About the Snapshots of Service Photo Contest
The contest was created with the belief that it will help make an impact and help broadcast the importance of what the Sons of the American Legion membership does for our veterans and our communities
This contest is open to all Squadrons. This contest is intended to also help spread ideas as to what will or could work in your region of the country. Another benefit of these photos will not only be to use them on our website and Facebook pages to highlight what the S.A.L has accomplished nationally, but for you to use on your website and Facebook pages as well, highlighting your Squadron’s accomplishments locally.
Submissions are due no later than 60 days prior to the 2019 National Convention. Awards will be presented at the 2019 national Convention in Indianapolis, IN.
Competition Rules for the National Contest
- Photos must be based on one of the Four Pillars of the American Legion
- Veterans Affairs and Rehabilitation
- Children and Youth
- National Security
- Photos must be in a digital jpg or tiff format
- Photos to become the property of the Sons of The American Legion
- Photos must not have a right of restriction
- Photos must contain members of the Sons with their covers or identifiable clothing on during the activity or event and a brief history of the event
- Squadrons may submit a maximum of 3 photos per category
- Awards will be presented to the two best entries in each category
- Photos can be submitted online at http://snapshotsofservice.org/index.php/upload-submit-photos/
- Contest will run each year from the 1 st of August to sixty (60) days prior to national convention
- Photos need to be from the 2018/2019 year.
- Quality of photo
- Best symbolizes the support for the Four Pillars by the Sons of The American Legion
- Have recognizable Sons of The American Legion member or members in it.
- Must be submitted from a Squadron
Questions can be sent to
National Snapshots of Service Chairman